This summary of the agenda for the Feb 14th meeting of the Raglan Community Board prepared by Whaingaroa Environmental Defence Incorporated Registered no.1912150. Secretary: John Lawson, 51 Cliff St, Raglan 07 825 7866 email firstname.lastname@example.org
The next Board meeting is Tuesday 14 February at 2pm in the Town Hall Supper Room. The public forum starts at 1.30pm, giving an opportunity to discuss issues. You can also contact the Community Board members (see below).
The agenda has reports on only 9 items –
Sewage spills 4 service requests re sewage overflows in Nov (2 complaints) and 2 in Dec (1 complaint).
Earthquake water supply cost about $135,000 for 13 tanker companies to haul over 3m litres from 14 to 17 Nov. The boiled water notice was lifted after 3 consecutive days of clear test results on 22 Nov. The spring returned to its previous quality about 2-3 weeks after the quake.
Raglan Coastal Reserves Minutes – 12 Dec – Manu Bay boat ramp, Soundsplash, freedom camping, sand removal by contractor, surf school tenders.
Boat Ramps – public survey now available.
Sports fields – “Cr Thomson to organise a meeting with Mr Mooar and staff re: Resurfacing of existing domains and improving drainage for developing fields at the rugby ground area.”
Discretionary fund has $3,789. Next deadline for applications 7 Apr.
Road names – a reminder of WDC’s policies.
Waikato Innovation Park will talk about a new business support service.
That leaves as ‘matters arising’ all these issues –
- Raglan-Hamilton bus – a bus survey is on-line and RCB plan to deliver them (please comment on this draft Google document if you think WED should also put in feedback).
- Sewage public education started by RCB.
- Storm water daylighting
- RCB Engagement Plan – a meeting was held on 4th Tue at 7pm in the Supper Room, but not advertised. RCB plans to advertise a lot for the 28th February meeting.
- Long Term Plan – RCB is rumoured to have discussed the 2014 LTP survey priorities of footpaths, heated swimming pool, parking and buses at its unadvertised meeting, but it doesn’t appear on this agenda.
- Raglan Naturally
- T-Bar Swings – still not replaced.
- Grass Verges
- Placemaking – memorial seat now at jetty.
- Electric car charging point now working.
- Rugby Ground Lighting – being installed.
- Decorative street lights
- Road reseals
Should WED be taking up these, or any other issues missing from the agenda, such as freedom camping patrols, Karioi track, water meters, Wi Neera reserve, walkway signs, glyphosate, Trails Strategy, volunteer worker safety, or SH23 safety plans?
Hope to see you on Tuesday
The Raglan Community Board members are:- Alan Vink email@example.com; Bob MacLeod firstname.lastname@example.org; Gabrielle Parson email@example.com; Lisa Thomson Lisa.Thomson@waidc.govt.nz; PJ firstname.lastname@example.org; Rangi Kereopa RangiK1948@gmail.com; Tony Oosten email@example.com.